Jail Diary

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Before entering to jail premises

Meeting Superintendent any day! But for me, any day means Saturday only. Saturday is my off day. Thane is too far from my residence. I was just thinking about the Day. In the meantime, I met one person. I really had forgotten his name. So sad! For our convenience, I will just call him Mohit. So Mohit met me at Prithvi Cafe at Prithvi Theatre, Juhu, Mumbai, where we both had gone to see some play. It was day time, so must be some children play. While sipping our coffee, we introduced each other and started talking. I came to know that he is working for Tata and his factory is at Thane.  But at that point, there was no picture for going Thane Central Jail. He said that he has interest in theatre, so today he just managed his time and came. He he he, It was Sunday. I smiled.

"But sparing Sunday is also quite tough na! Wife, Children, Friends, house hold work! So many things, you have to finish on this day" He said and I nodded my head.

We talked a lot. I told him about my theatrical ventures and Corporate Training through theatre.

Now, I have to go to Thane. To jail. I just remembered him. Do you believe in telepathy? I don't, but sometimes, it happens. I was thinking for him and I just got a call. It was he only. He said that his HR Manager wants to meet me and is willing to organise some training programs. He asked, "Can you come to our place?"

"Yes!" I wanted to go myself. Nature has made this arrangement for me. Mohit told, "Please come Thane. You reach up to Thane Station. We will arrange a vehicle for you from the Railway Station."

"Fine." I informed The jail also that I am coming on this day- means Saturday. I was once again reminded that I must come between 11 am -1 pm. I calculated my time. Maximum it will take one hour to talk with the HR Manager of Tata. If I would be able to finish meeting by 12 pm, I can be on time for the jail. Mohit had assured to drop me to my desired place.

But, it is truly said, Man proposes, God disposes. So when I reached at Tata Factory, it was around 11.30 am. HR Manager was in the meeting. I had no way but to wait for him. He came back around 12.30 pm. Discussion started. He was quite impressed with our training ideas and concepts. He suggested some other training programs and workshops for their employees children as well as for employees wives also

Time was running short. I requested him that I would like to move and assured that we will be in touch. But he said, that right now, its already 1 pm. You can't reach as per jail schedule. So its better, you have your lunch here." He smiled, "We have a reasonable canteen in our premises. We all eat here only."

I called jail. I was told that Bada Saheb has already gone. Now, only you can meet him at 4 pm, when he will come back.

HR Manager laughed- "So now, enjoy our meal with us." I had no option but saying "Yes."

It was lunch time and canteen was over filled with their workers. HR Manager said, "Madam! Please don't mind to see the crowd." I laughed and said, "You know no that I am going to meet what kind of crowd after my lunch? Please don't feel sorry for it. They are our workers- the core people. My single worry is that how will I pass my 2 hours?"

"No problem." You can be in our office.after your food. He (Tata person) will accompany you and when you want to leave, driver will drop you there.

It was Tata's hospitality. Mumbai's afternoon is humid, sweaty. So I did not dare to roam around. I preferred to sit in a cool AC Cabin and enjoy their hospitality. Around 3 pm, I was offered tea. At 3.30 pm, I asked for a drop. Driver was called. Around 3.45 pm, I was in front of the gate of Thane Central Jail.

I was alone. For a single moment, I scared and the very next moment, I made up my mind and entered inside from the external gate. The moment I entered, immediately I was stopped by the security- " Ho Madam! Thamba! Kuthe janar?" (Madam! Please stop. Where do you want to go?)

"To meet Superintendent Saheb."

"But he is not there."

"I know. He will come at 4 O clock no?"

"Ho! When he will come, you please come that time. You may wait outside."

"But how will I come to know, whether he has arrived or not? So let me go inside."

There was 3-4 security guards were there. They talked each other. One of them asked me- " Madam! What is the purpose to meet Saheb."

"I have come from one Organisation and want to organsise some programs for the prisoners. I have come to discuss the same with you Saheb."

They saw each other. One security person had nodded his head and told the security, who was questioning me-  " Jaoo de." (Let her go.)

During my air travelling and others, I came across with several security people, I had learnt one thing that never get angry with them and never be rude with them. They have full right to treat you as per their will and wish. They can fire you, they can frisk you, even they can throw you out in the name of security. But, if you are humble and polite, they will help you out. One security had helped me at Santacruz airport, when a very high power committee was supposed to inspect our office and my GM was not allowed to go to VIP Room as VIP pass was not obtained for him.

I moved inside. ......(Contd)      

No comments:

Post a Comment